IntroductionEnara BioTM (formerly known as Ervaxx) is dedicated to exploring the hidden depths of cancer biology to develop novel immunotherapies, such as Dark Antigens and MR1-presented ligands. We are pioneering approaches to exploit these novel targets with TCR-directed T cell immunotherapies and therapeutic vaccines designed to treat a broad patient population. Since our initial founding in 2016 we have been well funded to invest in our proprietary technology and grow our fantastic team. The company is headquartered in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryEnara Bio are seeking an experienced Environmental Health and Safety professional to provide leadership and competent advice to ensure an engaging, safe, healthy and comfortable working environment. Reporting to the VP, Head of Research, this role will work closely with our existing Facilities Operations Manager, collaborate with key stakeholders, and engage with all staff, to advance Enara Bio’s overall EHS strategy and ensure timely implementation of required measures. The role will also help to oversee the overall facility requirements to support the ongoing growth of the company.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in developing and fostering a strong EHS culture and be comfortable operating in a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Working closely with the Enara Bio leadership team, functional teams and program/project leads, you will oversee and lead all aspects of Environmental Health and Safety to ensure compliance across the organisation.
- Assess Enara Bio’s ongoing EHS needs, defining long term strategy and providing thought leadership and competent advice
- Champion and inspire a strong culture of EHS within the organisation
- Develop, plan and ensure implementation/integration of applicable EHS policies, procedures, systems and audit/inspections
- Develop and maintain Enara Bio’s EHS policy, creating best practice, ensuring compliance with applicable laws/regulations, and effective risk management, especially in relation to biological safety, COSHH, Radiation, GMO and HTA/biological samples.
- Oversee and deliver EHS related employee on and off-boarding procedures, SOPs/policies, procedures and guidance, ongoing workplace training/learning requirements, and management of any related 3rd party/outsourced providers
- Partner with functional and operational leads to evaluate current and future space, capacity and operational requirements in line with EHS requirements.
- Evaluate, plan and execute required activities to maintain company facilities in full compliance with terms of lease/licence and all applicable laws & regulations.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Relevant EHS qualifications / accreditation and experience (NEBSOH Diploma or equivalent)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience overseeing EHS in a management role, in a biotech/life science or regulated healthcare business environment
- Fully conversant with relevant legislation (including but not limited to) biological safety, GMOs, COSHH, Human Tissue Act
- Ability to work cross-functionally, with matrixed teams, maintaining strong relationships with functional business partners
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence; ability to positively influence outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess excellent influencing skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to do what needs to be done in a dynamic environment with a level of pragmatism appropriate for a fast-paced biotech environment
- Experience working in global life science or healthcare setting
Closing dateUntil filled
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We will consider part-time / flexible hours for the right candidate.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.