IntroductionEnara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryAs a member of the Corporate Operations Team, the Associate Director, Intellectual Property and Contracts Management, has responsibility for the management of Enara Bio’s growing IP portfolio and identifying any opportunities and threats posed by the external patent landscape. The Associate Director, Intellectual Property and Contracts Management, will also be responsible for leading the review of legal contracts and ensuring efficient tracking and compliance with resultant contractual obligations.
- Define optimal strategy and lead overall process to support the Company’s patent portfolio, in collaboration with the broader R&D team and external patent counsel
- Lead the drafting of new patent specifications, working collaboratively with external patent counsel and the broader R&D team to provide accurate descriptions of key methods and datasets
- Act as the primary point of contact with external patent counsel, escalating topics for internal team consideration as necessary
- Develop and execute strategies for review of the emerging patent landscape, bringing relevant patents/patent applications to the attention of the R&D team and identifying associated opportunities and threats
- Act as a primary internal legal reviewer for Company contracts and agreements such as CDAs, MTAs and consulting agreements, thus supporting the Company’s scientific and business objectives
- As applicable, lead interaction with external legal counsel to ensure contract drafting provides an acceptable legal position for the Company
- Own the development and maintenance of the Company’s contract templates seeking advice from the internal Corporate Operations team and external legal counsel as necessary
- Provide oversight, track, monitor and refine the Company’s overall process for contracts management, ensuring ongoing compliance and assigned ownership for individual contracts is held by the appropriate team member
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Appropriate qualifications in the life sciences and preferably a certification in Intellectual Property
- At least 8 years of industry experience or equivalent in either the corporate/legal division of one or more biopharmaceutical companies or a specialist legal practice or patent attorney
- Demonstrated ability to translate raw scientific data into a clear, compelling scientific narrative. Cell therapy expertise is a distinct advantage
- Possess a proven “hands-on” track-record and expert knowledge in the process of patenting inventions in the life sciences, preferably with insight and experience in the review of patent specifications
- Have experience in reviewing basic contracts fundamental to the day-to-day functioning of a biotech company such as CDA/NDAs and Material Transfer Agreements
- Strong and proven leadership capabilities and managerial skills are essential: self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to interact within a multi-disciplinary environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-growth environments
- A passionate, inclusive, empathetic, open-minded, collaborative and forward-thinking approach.
- Driven by a growth mindset of continual self-improvement and perpetual curiosity
- Actively seeks regular feedback from peers and direct reports, as well as offers constructive feedback to all teammates
- Demonstrable ability to work influentially and collaboratively as both a functional leader and team contributor
- High intellect, analytical and hard-working with a commitment to make a significant contribution to the Company and new therapies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, capable of influencing a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Problem-solving with a flexible and pragmatic approach, a business mind-set, the ability to manage change and be comfortable with ambiguity
Closing dateUntil filled
Further informationApplicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
N.B. No free parking facilities are currently available on either the Oxford or London sites.