IntroductionEnara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryAt Enara Bio we have an exciting opportunity for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a research programme that aims to discover and characterise therapeutic targets for T- cell based therapies. We look beyond the canonical proteome and into the “dark matter” of the genome to identify and characterize Dark Antigens™, which are uniquely presented on the surface of cancer cells by MHC receptors. Our approach uses next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology including de novo transcriptome assembly techniques and RNA-seq/TCR-seq based pipelines.
This role will support the development and optimisation of our pipelines, by using existing software packages and through the development of novel algorithms. This role is also responsible for integrating data output from the pipeline with further analysis. You will also have had experience of genome/transcriptome based analysis and the ability to work with NGS data in an cloud computing environment.
- Development of RNA-seq and TCR-seq based pipelines in an Agile-based approach
- Optimisation and innovation of analytical techniques within the Dark Antigen platform
- Processing of data to aid visualisation and comprehension of pipeline output
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- PhD in bioinformatics or a related subject
- An interest in the developing field of immuno-oncology
- Experience of software development in a life sciences commercial/academic environment
- Knowledge of R and/or Python scripting languages
- Knowledge of genomic data analysis and next generation sequencing analysis, in particular single cell based approaches
- Experience with version control systems e.g. Bitbucket
- Practical knowledge of workflow management e.g. Snakemake, Nextflow
- Experience of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment
- Knowledge of Database Development/Management
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- An active interest in supporting scientific research
- The ability to work on several projects in parallel
- Excellent record keeping and precision driven work approach
- The ability to work in a team
Closing dateUntil filled
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioral ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.