IntroductionEnara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryThe Director of Biology is a key leadership role within the research team at Enara Bio. You will combine your proven skills of people and matrix leadership, strategy and scientific acumen to create a culture that both empowers and supports the teams and enables Enara to successfully achieve our company objectives.
You will lead teams responsible for progressing validated therapeutic targets towards the development part of our organisation. You will have a deep passion for bringing out the best in your talented team of research scientists. Furthermore, you will be heavily involved in the science and strategy and will need to be an excellent communicator.
This is an opportunity for you to help shape a critical research function within a rapidly growing organisation, by scaling and expertly developing the biology research team that is generating new cancer treatments and advancing the field of cancer immunology. You will critically analyse outputs and processes to understand where continuous improvement can be made.
You will lead cross-functional, internal and external, project teams and be responsible for communicating key data readouts and strategy to diverse stakeholders across the business. In addition, you will be required to offer your insight and expertise to support decision making across the organisation.
- Be an exemplary leader to managers and scientists in your team by using skilful coaching and mentorship to grow and develop your leaders to achieve their fullest potential.
- Provide support and development to the entire research team in line with our organisational culture and ethos.
- Use your experience of both systems and processes for the continuous improvement of research activities T-cell therapies from research into early development, refining research practices to maximise candidate development success.
- Oversee and support implementation of new processes, methods and initiatives that will support research efforts.
- Matrix leadership of internal and/or external pre-clinical programmes.
- Provide regular updates to senior team and board. Provide scientific leadership to business development activities.
- Work closely with programme and research leads to offer advice and support to diverse teams.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Proven track record of high-level leadership of large research teams and other leaders.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Strong scientific background. 8+ years’ working in industry with at least 5+ years’ line management experience. Demonstrate successful matrix leadership and project/programme leadership.
- Drug discovery experience, especially operating in a biopharma company environment
- Proven track record of delivery
- Ability to prioritise key strategic activities.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- A clear understanding of drug discovery
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Experience working with cellular therapies
- Oncology experience
- Immunologist with a T-Cell background
Closing dateUntil filled.
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioral ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.