IntroductionEnara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryEnara Bio is expanding its CMC expertise within the organisation, to deliver a number of Cell and Gene Therapy products, including autologous ex vivo gene modified TCR-T therapeutics, to patients with cancer. We are now looking for a dynamic individual with extensive scientific and process gene transfer and vector manufacturing experience to build the bridge between research and GMP manufacturing.
The Gene transfer Process Development lead will act as SME to ensure timely vector design and manufacturing as well as associated analytical and supply activities, to ensure the production of high-quality and GMP lentiviral vector as required. It is also expected that this role will work closely with the Research team to design plasmids, and progress next gen and new clinical candidates from the pipeline into manufacturing. In addition, there is an opportunity to innovate and lead the development of novel gene transfer strategies.
- Partner with the research team on molecular designs for new clinical candidates and next generation products
- Transfer knowhow on vector design & manufacturing to and from External partners under development / GMP tech transfer
- Liaise and act as SME with external manufacturing, testing, supply, and development partners
- Troubleshoot external manufacturing and supply activities
- Clearly communicate problems, risks and potential impact on timelines, as well as recommended solutions to senior management
- Develop and execute on project plans to assess novel gene transfer and analytical technologies internally and with external partners
- Author, review, and keep record of protocols, manufacturing and analytical documentation and reports
- Provide scientific and technical expertise to and/or lead research and development project teams
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Degree in Life Sciences or related discipline
- Substantial and relevant post-graduate experience within academic or industry setting, preferably including an MSC or PhD
- Extensive laboratory experience with gene transfer and viral vector design and process development and relevant analytical methods
- Strong molecular biology background with in-depth experience in lentiviral vector design
- In-depth process and analytical understanding
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong attention to detail
- Ability to deliver against given objectives and timelines
- Computer literate and ability to familiarise with different IT systems
- Good understanding of T cell biology
- Experience with external manufacturing and supply
- GMP experience with vector production
- Experience with closed and automated process technology
- Experience working in project teams
- Project and/or people leadership experience
Closing dateUntil filled
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.