IntroductionEnara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryWe are looking for a highly motivated Group Leader to lead our newly formed Molecular Immunology group who has a deep passion for immunology and the role of T-cells in the exciting field of immuno-oncology. This entrepreneurial leader will build an understanding of human T-cell biology against Enara Bio's novel tumour-specific antigens and translate this understanding into transformative products that enhance the anti-tumour T cell response in the tumour microenvironment. The Group Leader will lead our efforts in the Molecular Immunology group to identify the most immunogenic antigens to identify optimal antigens for targeting with T cell receptors, vaccines, or other modalities, and selection and characterisation of the most effective T cell receptors for further development. These data will drive the development of biologics and cell therapies to make a meaningful difference for patients suffering from cancer. As a member of the senior team, s/he will collaborate with our internal team of scientists, as well as external collaborators, and engage in regular dialogue with the leadership team and board of directors. We are a small, dynamic and growing company - the Group Leader will help play a pivotal role in building out our research team.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for someone to discover and develop an early stage product through to clinical application.
You will be expected to:
- Help build and lead a team of T-cell molecular biologists, as well as manage a range of external collaborators and academic collaborators to deliver high quality data
- Work closely with other research functional teams (e.g. Bioinformatics and Immunopeptidomics) to validate the role of novel T cell antigens and cognate T cell receptors in cancer. This work will form the basis of T cell therapies for cancer
- Provide functional leadership for company projects from early discovery through to candidate selection including regular updates to the company’s senior leadership team
- Challenge the status quo of the company’s R&D strategy whilst helping to foster a culture of transparency, mutual trust and respect across the organization
- Next generation sequencing and analysis of T cell receptors, designing, conducting and evaluating experiments to establish the efficacy of T cell receptors against novel cancer antigens
- T cell profiling for very low frequency cells (use of Elispot, multimers), FACS sorting/analysis, CTL cloning and recombinant T cell receptor expression/characterization
- Establishment of robust T cell expansion protocols for clinical application
- Providing expert technical direction, challenge and problem solving in projects
- Contributing to the non-clinical part of regulatory documents (e.g. IND, IMPD, IB)
- Creating a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams
- Providing scientific leadership, supervision, coaching and mentorship for less experienced scientists in your team, as well as other scientists in our matrixed environment
- Recommending, gaining commitment to, initiating, coordinating and encouraging new science and technology initiatives to improve delivery projects. Be a cultural steward of the company and help create a collaborative, curiosity focussed team environment
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline, strong expertise in immunology preferred
- At least 7+ years’ experience in scientific and leadership roles preferably within biopharma companies, including experience working to develop cell-based therapies
- A detailed knowledge of molecular biology techniques required for manipulation and analysis of T cell receptors and T cell responses
- An emerging reputation as a thought leader with a track record of publishing findings and presenting at scientific/industry meetings
Closing dateUntil filled.
Further informationApplicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
N.B. No free parking facilities are currently available on either the Oxford or London sites