IntroductionEnara Bio’s purpose is to shine a light on unconventional T cell targets to develop the next generation of cancer immunotherapies designed to treat broad patient populations. Enara’s proprietary EDAPTTM platform enables the discovery of Dark AntigensTM, a novel source of shared, tumor-specific T cell targets derived from genomic dark matter. We are pioneering approaches to exploit these Dark Antigen targets with a range of immunotherapeutic modalities, including bispecific T-cell engagers, adoptive cell therapies and cancer vaccines.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our R&D efforts and our fantastic team. The company is based in Oxford, UK
Job SummaryWe are seeking a motivated professional who can play a critical role in maintaining the safe and efficient operation of the Enara Bio laboratories. As the Laboratory Operations Manager, you will support the research team's efforts. While the role is primarily office-based, you will also be expected to work collaboratively with laboratory staff to ensure smooth lab operations.
You will be part of a high-growth, fast-paced biotech organization and make meaningful contributions to our mission of finding innovative therapies for patients with cancer. Enara Bio values diversity and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds and experiences.
Enara Bio supports flexible working and will consider both part-time and full-time applicants.
You will be expected to:
- Establish a close and effective working relationship with the EHS & facilities lead to ensure all aspects of lab operations are integrated with the overall facilities and EH&S goals/needs.
- Take ownership and overall responsibility of the operational side of day-to-day laboratory management.
- Collaborate with the multi-functional, laboratory-based teams at EnaraBio to support lab operations.
- Ensure compliance/assist with EH&S measures, and actively contribute to the management of our lab safety culture.
- Contribute to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams.
- Be a keen team player with a learning mindset.
- Be highly organized, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Able to follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ordering and stock management of laboratory consumables.
- Goods in duties to include receipt of deliveries and internal distribution.
- Maintenance of laboratory spaces for tidiness and efficient organization.
- Day-to-day maintenance of equipment.
- Arranging planned maintenance and repairs of lab equipment.
- Maintaining the asset register for the lab equipment.
- Hosting third party contractors working in the lab
- Supporting with the management and disposal of lab waste
- Supporting the implementation of Health & Safety measures and processes in the laboratories Including drafting/reviewing of H&S documentation.
- Identifying and discussing potential areas of improvement and possible solutions with the group.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Problem solving attitude.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Good communication skills.
- Keen learner.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrable experience in working within lab operations.
Further informationFurther information:
The Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.