IntroductionEnara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryWe are looking for a highly motivated laboratory technician who can play a significant role in keeping the Enara Bio laboratories running in a safe and efficient manner. The technician will support the Cellular and Molecular Immunology departments’ work. In return, you will be provided with mentorship and training in order to support these teams where required. This is a good opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and to make a valuable contribution to the search for meaningful therapies for patients suffering with cancer.
The role may be offered as part-time to candidates who require a more flexible working pattern.
You will be expected to:
- Support a cross-functional team of Immunologists, (cellular and molecular), as well as immunopeptidomic scientists with quality technical assistance.
- Follow established SOPs and contribute to the development of new techniques and protocols.
- Ensure compliance with all H+S measures, and actively contribute to the management of our lab safety culture.
- Document experiments and findings to high industrial standards to support and enable filing of patents and regulatory documents.
- Contribute to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams.
- Cell culture and maintenance of laboratory cell lines.
- Ordering of laboratory consumables.
- Basic molecular biology procedures (preparation of DNA, RNA samples).
- Day-to-day maintenance of equipment.
- Isolating and culturing immune cells from blood; ensuring consistent and reproducible sample preparations for a range of immunological assays.
- Producing viral vectors for expression of tumor targets and T cell receptors in a variety of cell types. Training will be provided where required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience requiredMinimum Role Requirements:
- Keen interest in immunology
- Good technical expertise and experience with relevant laboratory techniques
- Ability to follow written protocols and standards
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Closing dateUntil Filled
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
N.B. No free parking facilities are currently available on either the Oxford or London sites.