IntroductionEnara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a purpose-led scientific organisation targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population.
Our focus is on the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles; on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
To support our journey, we have an opportunity for an Intellectual Property and Contracts Manager to join the Corporate Operations team. Ideally, you will have experience of working to Associate Director level in another organisation, but we’d welcome interest from Manager level individuals who are looking for a personal development opportunity.
- As a member of the Corporate Operations Team, you will be responsible for the management of Enara Bio’s growing IP portfolio, identifying opportunities, risks and potential challenges posted by the external patent landscape.
- You will take the lead in reviewing legal contracts and ensuring the efficient tracking and compliance with resultant contractual obligations.
- Working in close collaboration with the R&D teams and external patent counsel to be able to define and lead an optimal strategy for Enara Bio’s patent portfolio
- Develop and execute strategies for review of the emerging patent landscape, bringing relevant patents/patent applications to the attention of the R&D team and identifying associated opportunities and threats
- Lead the drafting of new patent specifications, working collaboratively with external patent counsel and the broader R&D team to provide accurate descriptions of key methods and datasets
- Act as the primary point of contact with external patent counsel, escalating topics for internal team consideration as necessary
- Provide oversight, track, monitor and refine the Company’s overall process for contracts management, ensuring ongoing compliance and assigned ownership for individual contracts is held by the appropriate team member
- Act as a primary internal legal reviewer for Company contracts and agreements such as CDAs, MTAs and consulting agreements, thus supporting the Company’s scientific and business objectives
- As applicable, lead interaction with external legal counsel to ensure contract drafting provides an acceptable legal position for the Company
- Own the development and maintenance of the Company’s contract templates seeking advice from the internal Corporate Operations team and external legal counsel as necessary
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Appropriate qualifications in the life sciences and preferably a certification in Intellectual Property
- Several years’ experience in one of the following settings:
- the corporate/legal division of one or more biopharmaceutical companies or
- a specialist legal practice or patent attorney
- a University Technology Transfer Office
- Demonstrated ability to translate raw scientific data into a clear, compelling scientific narrative. Cell therapy expertise is a distinct advantage
- Possess a proven “hands-on” track-record and expert knowledge in the process of patenting inventions in the life sciences, preferably with insight and experience in the review of patent specifications
- Have experience in reviewing basic contracts fundamental to the day-to-day functioning of a biotech company such as CDA/NDAs and Material Transfer Agreements
- Strong and proven leadership capabilities and managerial skills are essential: self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to interact within a multi-disciplinary environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-growth environment
Closing dateUntil Filled
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
N.B. No free parking facilities are currently available on either the Oxford or London sites.