← Back to all careers
Mass Spectrometry Specialist
IntroductionEnara Bio’s purpose is to shine a light on unconventional T cell targets to develop cancer immunotherapies designed to provide lasting benefit for broad patient populations. Our proprietary EDAPT™ platform enables us to discover a novel and differentiated class of cancer-specific targets from the genomic dark matter, which we call Dark Antigens™. We are pioneering approaches to exploit these Dark Antigen targets with a range of immunotherapeutic modalities, including bispecific T-cell engagers, adoptive cell therapies and cancer vaccines.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our R&D efforts and our fantastic team. The company is based in Oxford, UK
Job SummaryEnara Bio has already established an expert team with first-in-class pipeline for identification of novel, previously undiscovered antigens for immunotherapies using MS-based proteomics and immunopeptidomics, we are now looking to build that expertise further.
We are looking for a highly motivated Mass Spectrometry Specialist to join our team who has a passion for mass spectrometry-based proteomics applied to the exciting field of immuno-oncology. The candidate will be expected to maintain various liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry equipment, with special attention to tracking the equipment performance and troubleshooting any issues. Moreover, the successful candidate will help preparing various types of samples for mass spectrometry analysis, participate in establishing new mass spectrometry methods, running complex database searches, and scheduling the mass spec analysis for various projects.
You will be expected to:The candidate will work with all lab members and be involved in our research projects and collaborations. This role will make a major contribution within the team in identifying and quantifying the most immunogenic antigens for incorporation into TCR-based therapies to make a meaningful difference to patients suffering from cancer.
Effective communication is essential to this role as you will be expected to efficiently communicate with our team members.
- Responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of HPLC, Nano LCs, mass spectrometers.
- Prepare various types of samples (tissues, cells for protein/peptide analysis) for mass spectrometry analysis.
- Assist in establishing or optimizing mass spectrometry methods, and protocols related to protein and peptide.
- Analysis for various types of experiments in coordination with lab members.
- Run analysis of proteomics/immunopeptidomics data including complex sequence ID searches.
- Record experiments in electronic lab book and organize data into files and graphs.
- Organize scheduling and coordination of samples to be analysed by mass spectrometry for internal and external projects.
- Ordering and inventory of laboratory supplies related to sample preparation, mass spectrometry and chromatography.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- BSc or MSc with proven hands-on experience in relevant biochemical techniques and development/maintenance of LC-MS (preferrable on Orbitraps).
- Desirable experience in analysing proteomics/immunopeptidomics data.
- Interest and motivation in developing new experimental and scientific skills.
- Ability to follow detailed protocols, keep accurate records and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to perform as a team member.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills, attention to details and ability to monitor and track critical activities.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams desirable.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player.
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.