IntroductionEnara Bio™ is a science-led company leveraging its proprietary discovery platforms to deliver targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Enara Bio is exploring the hidden depths of cancer and T-cell biology to discover and characterize novel, shared immunotherapy targets such as Dark Antigens™ and HLA-independent ligands. We are pioneering approaches to exploit these targets with a TCR-directed T-cell immunotherapy product pipeline.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our R&D efforts and our fantastic team. The company is based in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryWe are a TCR discovery company focused on dark antigens, which are classical HLA peptide targets and novel MR-1 associated metabolite targets. We are looking for a target identification and validation Principal Scientist with a background in tumour metabolism to explore metabolites and metabolic pathways that are present in cancer cells. Most cancer cells undergo metabolic reprogramming and have dysregulated metabolic activity that differentiates them from normal tissues.
You will be expected to:We want you to help to build an understanding of how metabolic pathways in tumours shape the expression of metabolites that may be targets for Enara Bio's tumour-specific T cell receptors and support the Ligand Discovery team with your knowledge to help identify and validate novel targets. This is an opportunity for an innovative scientist to be a key part of a team striving to develop novel, impactful TCR therapies for cancer patients.
As a Principal Scientist you will be leading several high impact areas of research within the Ligand Discovery team to identify and characterise targets for T cell receptors. This data will drive the development of biologics and cell therapies to make a meaningful difference for patients suffering from cancer.
- Strategic matrix leadership, responsible for leading several sub-projects, developing new methods and techniques, helping setting direction and following outcomes from wider research across the company and externally
- Designing, conducting, and evaluating experiments to explore the tumour metabolome
- Bringing valuable experience of metabolism, tumour microenvironment and immunology
- Actively contributing to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams
- Providing scientific leadership, supervision, coaching and mentorship for less experienced scientists in our matrix environment
- Providing expert technical direction, challenge and problem solving in projects
- Working closely with other research functional teams (e.g., Immunology, Bioinformatics, Mass Spectrometry-based metabolomics and Immunopeptidomics) to identify novel T cell antigens and cognate T cell receptors in cancer
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Proven experience of working in tumour or immuno-metabolism, either in a biotech or academic setting (minimum of 5 years)
- A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline, strong expertise in cancer metabolism
- Proven experience of working with cellular/immunological assays
- Experience of using gene editing tools and techniques to validate metabolic pathway biology is desirable.
- Previous experience of matrix management/project management and mentoring other scientists is desirable
- An effective communicator and team player
- This role would be partly lab-based and partly project management/leadership
Closing dateUntil filled
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data, and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom. Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.