IntroductionEnara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryEnara Bio has already established an expert team with first-in-class pipeline for identification of novel, previously undiscovered antigens for immunotherapies using MS-based proteomics and immunopeptidomics, we are now looking to build that expertise further.
We are establishing our internal expertise in MS-based metabolomics; therefore, the successful applicant would initially need to take the lead in making recommendations aligned to the strategy in relevant projects while internally establishing metabolomics methodologies.
We are looking for a highly motivated Principal Scientist who has a deep technical knowledge and drive for leading the development and implementation of mass spectrometry (MS)-based metabolomics workflows. Our exciting new innovative projects involve identification of novel cancer-specific antigens, which will require the successful candidate to think pragmatically and push the limits of current workflows.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial scientist, who has a strong willingness to learn, a collaborative mindset, and help in the generation of proteomic and immunopeptidome datasets from primary tissue samples using LC-MS/MS platforms as required. Training in established techniques at Enara Bio will be provided.
They will be responsible for keeping accurate records of data, help in maintaining MS and associated equipment and full organization of the laboratory/experiments whenever required.
The candidate will also work closely with key external academic and non-academic world leading labs in immunobiology, biochemistry and MS-based disciplines. Therefore, the ability to communicate with collaborators about our culture and goals will be essential.
The Principal Scientist will make a major contribution to identify the most immunogenic antigens for incorporation into anti-cancer therapies to make a meaningful difference for patients suffering from cancer.
- Provide technical leadership on various metabolomics analysis and workflows.
- Establish internal MS-based metabolomics methodologies.
- Continuously develop MS-based metabolomics workflows based on projects’ needs.
- Provide technical support for MS-laboratory maintenance.
- Analyse, interpret and communicate data to ensure the highest standards of safety, quality and reproducibility.
- Willing to undertake other workflows such as MS-based proteomics/ immunopeptidomics and related techniques.
- Willing to teach MS-based metabolomics and related techniques to the rest of the team.
- Document experiments and findings according to high industry standards to support and enable filing of patents, publications and regulatory documents.
- Contribute to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Ph.D. in a relevant scientific discipline such as MS-based metabolomics.
- At least 5 years' post-doctoral experience in metabolomics either in an academic or industry setting.
- Proven working knowledge and in-depth technical expertise in LC-MS based metabolomics and related sample preparation.
- Hands-on experience in relevant biochemical techniques and development/maintenance of LC-MS (preferable on Orbitraps).
- Experience in analysing metabolomics data.
- Cell culturing skills is desirable.
- Experience in LC-MS based proteomics/immunopeptidomics is a plus.
- A chemistry background is a plus.
Closing dateUntil filled
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.