IntroductionEnara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryWe are looking for a highly motivated Research Associate who can play a significant role in keeping the Enara Bio laboratories running in a safe and efficient manner and support basic research. The Research Associate will support the Cellular and Molecular Immunology departments’ day to day running requirements and contribute to their experimental work. The successful applicant will be part of a collaborative and supportive team culture who will support, mentor and train the applicant to take on ownership, accountability and responsibility. This role will provide a great introduction to experimental work in cutting edge Immuno-oncology therapeutic research and development. This is a good opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and to make a valuable contribution to the search for meaningful therapies for patients suffering with cancer.
You will be expected to:
- Support a cross-functional team of Immunologists, (cellular and molecular) with quality technical assistance and experimental support.
- Follow established SOPs.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety measures, and actively contribute to the management of our lab safety culture.
- Document experiments and findings to high industrial standards to support and enable filing of patents and regulatory documents.
- Contribute to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams.
- Cell culture and maintenance of laboratory cell lines.
- Ordering and management of laboratory consumables and key reagents.
- Basic molecular biology procedures (preparation of DNA, RNA samples).
- Day-to-day maintenance of equipment.
- Isolating and culturing immune cells from blood; ensuring consistent and reproducible sample preparations for a range of immunological assays.
- Producing viral vectors for expression of tumour targets and T cell receptors in a variety of cell types.
- Contribute to experimental work.
- Training will be provided for these responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- BSc in Immunology or related field
- Keen interest in immunology
- Some biological laboratory experience.
- Ability to follow written protocols and standards
- Excellent communication skills and command of written English.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Further informationApplicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.