Enara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity. Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Enara Bio is expanding its expertise within the organisation to deliver a pipeline of Cell and Gene Therapy products, including autologous ex vivo gene modified TCR-T therapeutics, to patients with cancer.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic lab-based scientist to join the Research team as the Cell & Virus Supply Lead, who will be responsible for the generation and supply of quality biological reagents for use in preclinical studies at Enara. The role includes the generation of virus; transduction, expansion and cryopreservation of T cells at various scales; downstream QC and characterisation of the material generated.
You will be expected to:
This will require liaison with program leads on the specific experimental requirements, timelines, and subsequent planning and prioritisation of the team’s work. Close collaboration with members of the Cell Therapy Process Development team will also be important to ensure alignment with proposed clinical manufacturing processes.
- Overall, the individual will be required to help coordinate and support a matrix team and themselves be accountable for generating virus for cell transduction, transducing T-cells as well as expanding, cryopreserving and QC/characterisation at various scales.
- Closely interact and ensure seamless communication with colleagues from Research and Cell Therapy Process Development teams.
- Plan, conduct, and analyse experiments and interpret results, both individually and as part of a team.
- Document and record experiments in a clear and timely manner.
- Author, review, and keep record of protocols, manufacturing and analytical documentation and reports.
- Align with project plans (as well as project leads and managers) to produce required reagents on time and at the required quantity and quality.
- Clearly communicate problems, risks and potential impact on timelines, as well as recommended solutions.
- Actively participate in research project teams and provide scientific and technical expertise and solutions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Degree in Life Sciences or related discipline
- Relevant post-graduate experience within academic or industry setting
- Proven experience of working to objectives and timelines
- Cell culture experience with primary human T cells at various scales
- Experience with virus production & purification
- Proven laboratory experience with primary cell culture
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to monitor and track critical activities
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player with strong attention to detail
- Computer literate and ability to familiarise with different IT systems
- Experience with analytical methods to characterise T cells
- Design of experiments
- Experience working in project teams
The Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioral ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.