IntroductionEnara Bio™ is a science-led company leveraging its proprietary discovery platforms to deliver targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Enara Bio is exploring the hidden depths of cancer and T-cell biology to discover and characterize novel, shared immunotherapy targets such as Dark Antigens™ and HLA-independent ligands. We are pioneering approaches to exploit these targets with a TCR-directed T-cell immunotherapy product pipeline.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our R&D efforts and our fantastic team. The company is based in Oxford, UK.
We are looking for a highly motivated Scientist to join our Next Generation research group. You will have a deep passion for Immunology and the role of T-cells in the exciting field of Immuno-Oncology. You will conduct highly sensitive T-cell assays to evaluate Enara Bio’s novel tumour-specific antigens and next-generation approaches to improving transgenic T cell anti-tumor activity. You will use your depth of immunological understanding to help in prioritizing the antigens and T cell modifications, thereby selecting the best activators of T cells in the tumor microenvironment.
You will be expected to:
Working in a highly collaborative environment, you will make a major contribution to identify the most effective T cells and T cell modifications for incorporation into cell therapies to make a meaningful difference for patients suffering from cancer. In addition to being a key member of the Next Generation research group you will collaborate with the Cellular and Molecular Immunology teams, Mass spectrometry and Bioinformatic groups with experimental support. In return you will be provided with mentorship and training to support these teams where required.
You will need to:
- Support a cross-functional team of Immunologists (cellular and molecular), bioinformaticians and immunopeptidomic scientists to validate the role of novel T-cell antigens and T cell modifications in cancer.
- Conduct a broad range of T-cell assays, including T-cell profiling of low frequency cells (use of ELISPOT, pentamers), FACS sorting/analysis, CTL cloning and recombinant T-cell receptor expression/characterization. Training will be provided where necessary.
- Follow established laboratory protocols and contribute to the development of new techniques and protocols.
- Ensure compliance with all H+S measures, and actively contribute to the management of our lab safety culture.
- Design experiments and apply problem solving skills when required.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate data ensuring the highest standards of quality and reproducibility.
- Document experiments and findings to high industrial standards to support and enable filing of patents and regulatory documents.
- Contribute to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams.
- Isolating and culturing immune cells from blood; ensuring consistent and reproducible sample preparations for a range of immunological assays.
- Conducting T cell expansion protocols to develop clinical TCR-T therapeutics.
- Conducting, and evaluating T-cell assays using a range of laboratory techniques including ELISPOT, ELISA, Flow cytometry, quantitative PCR; flow and electrical impedance-based killing assays and,
- Producing viral vectors for expression of tumour targets and T cell receptors in a variety of cell types. Training will be provided where required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- A BSc/MSc in a relevant scientific discipline with a strong expertise in Immunology.
- At least 3-5+ years’ experience in relevant Immunological laboratory techniques.
Closing dateUntil filled
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.