IntroductionEnara Bio’s purpose is to shine a light on unconventional T cell targets to develop cancer immunotherapies designed to provide lasting benefit for broad patient populations. Our proprietary EDAPT™ platform enables us to discover a novel and differentiated class of cancer-specific targets from the genomic dark matter, which we call Dark Antigens™. We are pioneering approaches to exploit these Dark Antigen targets with a range of immunotherapeutic modalities, including bispecific T-cell engagers, adoptive cell therapies and cancer vaccines.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our R&D efforts and our fantastic team. We are based in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryWe are seeking a motivated Scientist with a passion for immunotherapy to join our newly established Protein Biochemistry function. This role requires technical expertise in in-vitro display and selection. This is an opportunity for an innovative scientist to develop novel technology platforms and discover new therapies for cancers with significant unmet need.
You will be expected to:Help to establish in house TCR library building capabilities for engineering our TCR-directed, bispecific T-cell engagers
Establish our in-vitro display (mammalian) enabling identification of high affinity TCR-directed, bispecific T-cell engagers
- Perform selections of best binders using in-vitro display (yeast and mammalian) enabling identification of high affinity TCR-directed, bispecific T-cell engagers
- Design, conduct, and evaluate experiments to advance our preclinical pipeline of bispecific T cell engagers
- Discuss data, seek advice and provide expertise at cross functional team meetings to advance decisions and drive the future strategy
- Ensure scientific excellence is maintained within the Protein Biochemistry function
- Actively contribute to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology e.g. DNA library building, PCR, cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, and Sanger sequencing
- Hands-on experience and technical knowledge of in-vitro display and panning platforms (ideally including mammalian or yeast display)
- A Ph.D. or equivalent scientific experience in a relevant discipline – e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry
- Excellent communications skills and a strong desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
Further informationWe offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.