IntroductionEnara Bio™ is a science-led company leveraging its proprietary discovery platforms to deliver targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Enara Bio is exploring the hidden depths of cancer and T-cell biology to discover and characterize novel, shared immunotherapy targets such as Dark Antigens™ and HLA-independent ligands. We are pioneering approaches to exploit these targets with a TCR-directed T-cell immunotherapy product pipeline.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our R&D efforts and our fantastic team. The company is based in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryEnara Bio has already established an expert team with first-in-class pipeline for identification of novel, previously undiscovered antigens for immunotherapies using MS-based proteomics and immunopeptidomics, we are now looking to build that expertise further.
We are looking for a highly motivated scientist to join our team who has a passion for mass spectrometry-based proteomics/immunopeptidomics applied to the exciting field of immuno-oncology. This role will help in the generation of proteomic and immunopeptidome datasets from primary tissue samples and cell lines using LC-MS/MS platforms. This role will make a major contribution in identifying and quantifying the most immunogenic antigens for incorporation into cell therapies to make a meaningful difference to patients suffering from cancer.
You will be expected to:The successful candidate will also work closely with key external academic and non-academic partners in immunobiology, biochemistry and MS-based disciplines. Effective communication is essential to this role as you will be expected to communicate with our collaborators about our scientific research objectives.
- Provide technical leadership on various proteomics/ immunopeptidomics analysis and workflows, including peptide validation and target approaches for quantification of HLA peptides
- Provide input for continuous development of MS-based proteomics/ immunopeptidomics methodologies
- Provide technical support for MS-laboratory maintenance
- Provide support with cell culture and Ab production from hybridomas
- Analyse, interpret, and communicate data to ensure the highest standards of safety, quality, and reproducibility
- Document experiments and findings according to high industry standards to support and enable filing of patents, publications, and regulatory documents
- Closely interact with colleagues from multiple teams within the research organisation by effectively communicating your results and conclusions
- Contribute to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in a relevant scientific discipline such as MS-based proteomics and/or immunopeptidomics
- Proven working knowledge and in-depth technical expertise in LC-MS based proteomics/immunopeptidomics and related sample preparation
- Hands-on experience in relevant biochemical techniques and development/maintenance of LC-MS (preferrable on Orbitraps)
- Proven experience in analysing proteomics/immunopeptidomics data
- Cell culture experience desirable
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to monitor and track critical activities
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office systems, with an ability to familiarise with other IT systems as required
Closing dateUntil filled
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data, and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shard goals and take ownership of our journey
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.