IntroductionEnara Bio™ is a science-led company leveraging its proprietary discovery platforms to deliver targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Enara Bio is exploring the hidden depths of cancer and T-cell biology to discover and characterize novel, shared immunotherapy targets such as Dark Antigens™ and HLA-independent ligands. We are pioneering approaches to exploit these targets with a TCR-directed T-cell immunotherapy product pipeline.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our R&D efforts and our fantastic team. The company is based in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryWe are looking for an innovative and enthusiastic lab-based scientist or senior scientist to join our team and support the establishment of a structured framework for immunotherapy target validation, across our pipeline of assets at differing stages of research and development.
You will have a good understanding of transcriptional biology, histological methods, and the ability to understand outputs of bioinformatic analysis.
You will be expected to:The role is an opportunity to help shape a critical research function within a rapidly growing organisation by supporting the creation of target assessment data packages that will help steer our research from novel target discovery to investigational new drug (IND) applications and beyond.
- Support the implementation of new methods and technologies to establish a pipeline for validation of immunotherapy targets.
- Contribute towards an innovative working environment by providing intellectual input across the pipeline and staying up to date with emerging technologies.
- Transcriptional and histological assessment of novel targets across tissues and in vivo models (e.g.: RT-qPCR, RNA-Seq, RNAscope, Immunohistochemistry).
- Plan, conduct, analyse and interpret results, both individually and as part of a team working with colleagues in bioinformatics to establish a robust data analysis pipeline.
- Closely interact with colleagues from multiple teams within the research organisation by effectively communicating your results and conclusions.
- Ensure data is analysed and reported to high industry standards to support future regulatory submissions (e.g. IND/IDEs).
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Degree in Life Sciences or related discipline with at least 2 years post-graduate experience within academic or industry setting, preferably including validation of novel immunotherapy targets.
- Proven expertise in transcriptional biology techniques including RT-qPCR and RNA-seq. Additional expertise in scRNA-seq, CITE-Seq and/or Ribo-Seq is desirable.
- Histological and molecular pathology experience including immunohistochemistry and RNAscope.
- Experience using Python and/or R desirable.
- Laboratory experience with mammalian cell culture desirable.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to monitor and track key activities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.