IntroductionEnara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryWe are looking for a Principal Scientist to join our Cellular Immunology group who has a deep passion for immunology and the role of T-cells in the exciting field of immuno-oncology. We want you to help to build an understanding of human T-cell biology against Enara Bio's novel tumor-specific antigens and translate this understanding into transformative products that enhance the anti-tumor T-cell response in the tumor microenvironment. This is an opportunity for an innovative scientist to discover and develop an early stage product through to clinical application.
As Principal Scientist you will support our efforts in the Cellular Immunology group to identify the most immunogenic antigens to identify optimal antigens for targeting with T-cell receptors, vaccines, or other modalities, and selection and characterisation of the most effective T-cell receptors for further development. These data will drive the development of biologics and cell therapies to make a meaningful difference for patients suffering from cancer.
- Designing, conducting and evaluating experiments to establish the efficacy of T-cell receptors against novel cancer antigens. Developing and trouble-shooting assays for T-cell functions
- T-cell profiling for very low frequency cells (use of Elispot, multimers), FACS sorting/analysis, CTL cloning and recombinant T-cell receptor expression/characterization. Killing assays using flow and electrical impedance-based methodology
- Establishment of robust T-cell expansion protocols for clinical application
- Actively contributing to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams
- Providing scientific coaching and mentorship for less experienced scientists in the team, as well as other scientists in our matrixed environment
- Providing expert technical direction, challenge and problem solving in projects
- Working closely with other research functional teams (e.g. Bioinformatics and Immunopeptidomics) to validate the role of novel T-cell antigens and cognate T-cell receptors in cancer. This work will form the basis of T-cell therapies for cancer
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Proven experience of working with CAR-T/TCR-T methodologies ideally in a biotech setting or alternatively in an academic setting (minimum of 5 years)
- Proven experience of working on cell-based therapies
- A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline, strong expertise in immunology preferred.
- Proven experience of relevant Immunological laboratory techniques.
- Previous proven experience of managing and mentoring other scientist
Closing dateUntil filled
Further informationApplicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
N.B. No free parking facilities are currently available on either the Oxford or London sites