IntroductionEnara Bio’s purpose is to shine a light on unconventional T cell targets to develop cancer immunotherapies designed to provide lasting benefit for broad patient populations. Our proprietary EDAPT™ platform enables us to discover a novel and differentiated class of cancer-specific targets from the genomic dark matter, which we call Dark Antigens™. We are pioneering approaches to exploit these Dark Antigen targets with a range of immunotherapeutic modalities, including bispecific T-cell engagers, adoptive cell therapies and cancer vaccines.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our R&D efforts and our fantastic team. The company is based in Oxford, UK
Job SummaryWe are seeking a motivated Scientist/ Senior Scientist with a passion for immunotherapy to join our newly established Protein Biochemistry function. This role requires technical expertise in in-vitro display and selection.
You will be expected to:This is an opportunity for an innovative scientist to develop novel technology platforms and discover new therapies for cancers with significant unmet need.
- Helping to establish in-vitro display (yeast and mammalian) platforms and protocols required to engineer TCR-directed, bispecific T-cell engagers
- Designing, conducting, and evaluating experiments to advance our preclinical pipeline of bispecific T cell engagers
- Discussing data, seeking advice and providing expertise at cross functional team meetings to advance decisions and drive the future strategy
- Ensuring scientific excellence is maintained within the Protein Biochemistry function
- Actively contributing to a vibrant and innovative working environment where improvements and new ideas are adopted and freely shared among the teams
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Hands-on experience and technical knowledge of in-vitro display and panning platforms (ideally including yeast display)
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology e.g. PCR, cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, and Sanger sequencing
- A Ph.D. or equivalent scientific experience in a relevant discipline – e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry
- Senior scientist position will require 3+ years of relevant experience in scientific roles preferably within the biotech/pharma industry and a deeper technical understanding of the required skills
- Excellent communications skills and a strong desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
Further informationThe Enara Bio team is driven to make a meaningful difference for people affected by cancer. Our culture is defined by our behavioural ethos:
- Act with unconditional positive regard and integrity
- Support each other to grow and develop
- Promote a collaborative, passionate and fun working environment
- Innovate by discussing issues, data and ideas openly
- Respect each other and value our diversity
- Embrace our shared goals and take ownership of our journey
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.