IntroductionEnara Bio™ (formerly known as Ervaxx) is a science-led company targeting the T-cell/cancer cell interface (the “immune synapse”) to develop new targeted cancer immunotherapies designed to treat a broad patient population. Our current focus is the development of novel T-cell therapies based on complementary and proprietary insights from interrogating the immune synapse from both angles – on the tumor side, a growing set of novel tumor-specific targets; and on the T-cell side, a set of robust T-cell receptors (TCRs) with potent tumoricidal activity.
Enara Bio was founded in 2016 and has been well funded to invest in the build out and growth of our proprietary discovery platform and our fantastic team. The company has offices in London, UK and laboratories in Oxford, UK.
Job SummaryWe are seeking an outstanding candidate who has both the scientific and collaborative skills to make a major contribution to Cell Therapy Research at Enara Bio. As a key member of the Enara Bio Management Team, the VP/SVP Cell Therapy Research will be responsible for the strategy, as well as, building capabilities to ensure Enara Bio is positioned to rapidly develop the next generations of adoptive cellular immunotherapies.
- Working with the Enara Bio Management Team and Board of Directors to establish cell therapy capabilities enabling a rapid-to-clinic strategy and in parallel, thoughtfully selecting technologies to deliver the next generation of adoptive cellular immunotherapies
- Lead, build and manage an external network of partners/collaborators to access required capabilities and technologies, as well as assays and models to evaluate and enable implementation of the cell therapy strategy. Recruit and develop internal hires to implement key capabilities
- Provide high quality scientific and technical leadership in cell biology and in vivo pharmacology, efficiently using external and internal resources
- In collaboration with the various Enara Bio teams, ensure full integration of cell therapy objectives/activities across research and into development
- Represent the Company at major scientific forums and meetings. Publish in top scientific journals following appropriate patent filings
- Formulate, monitor, and control budgets, human resource, and capital expenditure
- Seek external advice through academic relationships, industry forums and consultants to meet cell therapy goals and ensure the Company is at the forefront of cell therapy research
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required
- Appropriate qualifications in the life sciences that will include a second or advanced degree
- At least 10 years of industry or relevant academic experience in cell therapy research, preferably in oncology-focused cell therapy products and ideally in TCR related products already having entered clinical studies
- An experienced cell biologist with extensive expertise using in vitro cell assays and in vivo mechanistic pharmacology models, ideally working with primary human T-cells
- Possess a proven “hands-on” track-record and expert knowledge in cellular manipulations, including rapid cell proliferation techniques, viral/non-viral delivery methods and gene knockout/over-expression strategies
- Strong and proven management capabilities and collaboration skills are essential: self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to interact within a multi-disciplinary environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-growth environments
- A passionate, inclusive, empathetic, open-minded, collaborative and forward-thinking approach
- Takes responsibility for personal growth and continual self-improvement, demonstrates perpetual curiosity
- Actively seeks regular feedback from peers and direct reports, as well as offers constructive feedback to all teammates
- Demonstrable ability to work influentially and collaboratively as both a domain expert and Senior Management Team member
- Objective, enthusiastic and hard-working with a commitment to make a significant contribution to the Company and new therapies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, capable of influencing a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Problem-solving with a flexible and pragmatic approach, a business mind-set, the ability to manage change and be comfortable with ambiguity
Closing dateUntil filled
Further informationApplicants should be able to demonstrate proof of the right to work in United Kingdom.
Enara Bio Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a benefits package including pension and health insurance.
N.B. No free parking facilities are currently available on either the Oxford or London sites.